Skip to content
I. Technical Skills
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in three or more of the following:
- screen printing
- letterpress and book arts
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in photography and photo-print methods.
- Demonstrated ability using Adobe Suite, file preparation for laser cutting.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in two or more of the following:
- publication and interactive design/time arts
- three dimensional forms/sculpture-ceramics
- performance/relational art practices
- General understanding of graphic design production.
- Experience with collaborative print projects.
II. Theoretical Aptitude
- Articulate comprehension of the history and aesthetics of art with an emphasis on print forms.
III. Professional Skills
- strong verbal skills (public speaking, critiquing, etc.).
- strong written expression (artist statement, grant applications, reviews).
- organizational skills (project implementation, budgeting, etc.)
- proven teaching experience.
IV. Professional Goals before Graduation
- A strong, ambitious body of work.
- inclusion in 5 or more National Juried Competitions.
- one or more published articles or reviews (Number, Art Papers, Metro Pulse, SGC Newsletter, etc.)
- 2 or more lectures or public presentations.
- organize and curate an exhibition with a catalogue (at Gallery 1010).
- Organize an exchange portfolio involving artists from other cities/programs
- gallery representation
- a web site with a dedicated domain name
- organize a regional symposium of graduate students