Students who wish to major in Art History should request assignment of an advisor in the School of Art office, 213 Art & Architecture building. Your advisor can speak with you about major requirements and class sequencing in order to facilitate advancement toward graduation, but also about study abroad, internships, competitions for academic or monetary awards, and how best to prepare yourself for graduate study or careers after graduation.
Prior to enrolling for the first time at the university, all degree-seeking first-year students and transfer students are required to meet with an academic advisor. Readmitted students must also meet with an academic advisor prior to reenrolling. The following groups of students are required to meet with an advisor during each tracking semester (fall and spring):
- All students with fewer than 30 hours at UT Knoxville.
- Students following exploratory tracks.
- Students identified as “off track” by uTrack.
- Students on Academic Probation.
All other students are required to consult with an advisor for a substantial conference during a designated semester each year.
- Students whose ID numbers end in an even digit are required to meet with an advisor during fall semester.
- Students whose ID numbers end in an odd digit are required to meet with an advisor during spring semester.
It is the student’s responsibility to make an advising appointment in a timely fashion in advance of your registration date. Faculty may not be available for advising in the summer.